Monday, July 13, 2009

Summertime

We had a great month. We went on vacation with my family to North Carolina. I gained weight, only a 1 and 1/2 but still good.

This is a picture of everyone that was on vacation with us. (Missing about 8 family members)

On June 17th we found out we are having a girl. The ultrasound took an hour because she was cooperating very well with getting her heart measured. Everything looked fantastic.

We spent the 4th of July with friends at a BBQ. It was so nice to get out and enjoy the weather and people. We had perfect weather.

I had a really good streak after vacation. I didn’t have to take any non-vomiting medication for two weeks! I started to get sick again for about a week. We finally figured out I have a bacterial infection so I am on lovely anti-biotic which of course have a side effect of vomiting. What fun!! I am going to start working with a nutritionist so hopefully I will start to gain some weight. At my last doctor's appointment I had not lost weight but I had not gained either. At least I am not losing!!


The last week has been quite eventful. With all the medications I tend to sleep a lot!!!! Jay tried to come to bed a few times and I apparently gave him THE LOOK and proceeded to sprawl out on the whole bed. The poor guy spent three nights on the couch. I have a feeling it will only get worse the bigger I get.

On my way to a friend's pool I was lost in her sub-division. I saw a guy fall over in the road. One neighbor had started to call 911. Since I had been CPR certfied in the past I was able to help a bit. I helped roll him over and checked for a pulse. At least he was still breathing. I couldn't do compressions or anythign because he was so big. Another neighbor was finally able to come out and do a few compressions before the paramedics got there.

Other drama started that same night when I took my wedding rings off at night (thanks to swollen pregnancy fingers) and left them on my nightstnad. I also had some kleenex and granola bar wrappers on there from the middle of the night. Jay was cleaning up after me the morning the trash went out. He must have accidentally picked up the ring at the same time. We have searched everywhere. Not sure where else it could be, so it must have gone out with the garbage man. Luckily we have insurance on it so we will get it replaced. It just won't be the same as having the original diamond that he picked out for me.

We have a big few weeks ahead with the Kenny Chesney concert, doctor's appointments, my birthday, maybe a weekend trip to Indiana for me (it all depends what the doctor says on Wednesday), and visitors the next week with my first baby shower.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: