Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last few weeks....

So it has been a rough couple of weeks for us. Both of my grandparents passed away. My grandma died suddenly on the fourth and grandpa died six days later. They were married 60 years so it was such a great love story. I handled it pretty well but I am having my moments. I would call them from the airport when I was leaving. So just thinking about calling them and having to delete their numbers from the phone is killing me. It was very nice seeing my family together and everyone being nice. I just wished it could have stayed that way. I have a feeling this is going to tear my family apart. I think I am in my anger stage right now. I hate that I live in Idaho and I am so far away from my family. I am angry that I didn't get to see my grandpa before he died. Losing one grandparent suddenly is hard. But losing them both at the same time is terrible and I am beginning to wonder if I will ever stop feeling this way. Thank you to everyone that was keeping us in your prayers while we were gone.

However, I did get to go to my first colts game!!! It was awesome and they won. My cousin Andy gave up his ticket for me. I went with my other cousin Loren and his friend. We had a great time. Lucas Oil Stadium is so huge (at least compared to the Dome) There are more pictures on my website.

So after a week and a half off of work I was due to go back last Thursday but I got a horrible cold from the nieces and nephews. Jay returned home after the first week due to Micron layoffs. So far he is fine. I flew home at midnight on Wednesday night. After being sick and sleeping five hours at O'hare and delayed on Indy tarmac for an hour. It is terrible traveling when you are sick So Jay and I have both been sick. Me not working at all and him only working half days. You know it is bad if Jay doesn't go to work. So we have spent the five afternoon and evenings on our own couches with our own kleenex boxes, and a huge trash can between us. We are both looking forward to feeling better.

While we were gone they had snow in Idaho. Here are some pictures the kids sent me. It was the earliest snow in Boise history.

We have cancelled our vegas trip. Just too much traveling and we need a break. So for our first anniversary we are just staying here. I am trying to think of a good paper anniversary gift to give Jay...any suggestions? We are still planning on coming home for Christmas and hope to get to see everyone then.
Please keep Jay's grandmother in your prayers. She is 97 and battling congestive heart failure and renal failure.










1 comment:

Nikki Hoover said...

Sorry the past few weeks have been so rough. I can kinda understand how you feel about being so far from home at a time like this. My grandpa died when we lived in Texas and it was rough not being there to see him much before it happened.
Glad to hear Jay still has a job! Hope you guys are feeling better.