Saturday, May 2, 2009

Finally updating

So I am finally updating......I will keep updating so I don't have to send separate or mass emails.  Check back every couple of weeks or sign up for the email and it will be sent straight to your inbox. 

As most already know we are expecting.  Due date is November 12th.  

We have had a rough six weeks.  

This is basically what has been going on the last six weeks......

When we found out we were doing pretty well for a couple of weeks.  We have tried just about everything. (Ginger, peppermint, tiger balm, chiropractor, sea bands, etc) We made two visits to the ER because I was getting so dehydrated and not keeping anything down.  

April 7 was our first appointment and I was diagnosed with hyperemesis.  I had lost 7 pounds in a week.  We got to see the heartbeat (179 bpm) and everything looked good.  She put me on some different medicines to try and mix together.  (Phenergan, Zofran, Prevacid)  I was also given standing orders to go to a clinic to get fluids instead of the ER.  That was nice.  I was given 4 medicines, multi-vitamin, and sugar water.  It worked great and lasted for a few days.  I went back a week later and had lost another pound.  

I haven't been able to drive due to the dizzy spells and car sickness.  The sea bands seem to help with the car sickness.  Jay has been able to take time of work to take me to my appointments.  

I started being able to keep food down.  We made a few trips out to see the kids, usually after doctor appointments.  I feel bad for them because I just stopped showing up one day.  Anne has visited once and stayed to take a nap with me.   Two hours out is about my limit.  

I started to have migraines.  It seemed I would only get sick when I would get the headaches.  

 I started to get sick again.  Went to get fluids on Friday and ended up in ER.  I had a reaction to the multi-vitamin they gave me.  We went to genetics and had another ultrasound.  We got to hear the heartbeat (160 bpm).  Everything measures great and looks good.  My blood pressure is really low and I am still having migraines.  I mostly stay in the bed room with all the windows covered with blankets.  Since the ER visit I haven't had an appetite.  I feel like I have eaten too much when I try to eat.  

The doctor called and wanted to see me right away.  I had lost another two pounds in a week.  I was told at first if I don't gain a pound in a week they would put a feeding tube into my nose.  I got a little freaked about that (because a pound is a lot for me right now) so she said as long as I stay the same weight.  .  It seems as long as I don't have a headache I can eat anything (when I have an appetite).  I was given a medicine for my headaches which seems to help alot but I still don't have an appetite.   

I have been weighing myself a couple of times a day.  It looks as if I have lost about three pounds so far.  We go Wednesday for an official weight check and to find out what to do from there.  

Jay is trying his best to get me to eat and drink alot.  He says I am just too stubborn and is finding it hard to force me.  

I was feeling really good on Thursday.  I was able to drive myself to go get a pedicure and visit with the kids for a bit.  It wore me out and I slept most of the day on Friday.  

Today has been kind of tough.  I haven't been able to keep any foods down without the use of the medicines.  

Many have been asking if I am showing yet....no my clothes are actually a little loose.  I am sure we will keep you all updated with pictures once I do.  

We had to cancel our trip to Moab due to Jay's vacation time.  (We could be there now)  We still have plans to go to North Carolina in June.  My doctor says I should be doing better by then.  

Thank you everyone for you prayers.

No comments: